LIKE MINDED PEOPLE. THE POWER OF GROUP.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE GROUP
Our Domestic Violence Group aims to bring together women who have experienced any form of domestic violence to share their past experiences, gain support and mental empowerment from each other, as well as to develop an abuse prevention plan.
Goals of group:
- To recognize forms of abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial, gender-based violence, neglect)
- To learn about subconscious roles and dynamics in relationships
- To understand the role of shame and guilt (to understand how we experience and process emotions and learn how to manage negative thoughts)
- To discuss the effects of domestic violence and the reasons why a person stays in an abusive relationship
- To learn how to build healthy relationships (to learn how communication is achieved and how boundaries are set, and to learn what consent means within a relationship)
- To break the cycle of violence (to learn about choices and rights and to create a safety plan)
Group Leader: Alexandra Charalambous (Clinical Psychologist)
Who: Women who have experienced any form of domestic violence.
When: TBA (to be announced)
Duration: 8 weeks
Where: Altius Mind Institute Downtown Office
20 Stasandrou, 301, Nicosia, 1060, Cyprus
For participation, please call us at +35799779888
Meetings of our support group are meant to provide individuals with information and personal support from peers. The facilitator, will provide general information about psychological and emotional issues, but will not engage in rendering psychological or healthcare advice for any individual or for his or her particular situation personally. No diagnosis or treatment of, or advice regarding, any medical or mental health condition or illness of any group member will be offered during the support group personally. The support group cannot substitute for, and is not an alternative to, medical or other healthcare diagnosis and treatment when a medical or mental health condition or illness is present. Support group members are advised to seek diagnosis, treatment and advice regarding medical or mental health conditions or illnesses from physicians and other licensed healthcare professionals.