LIKE MINDED PEOPLE. THE POWER OF GROUP.
TRANSITION TO MILITARY SERVICE GROUP
Our Transition to Military Service Group aims to inform about how the military system works and the ways in which military service can affect the mental health of a recruit.
Goals of group:
- To encourage members to share information about themselves, their problems and their background in order to get to know each other and begin to build trusting relationships.
- To develop and practice empathy, understanding and unconditional acceptance to foster an environment of trust and safety among all team members.
- To understand how the military system is built and maintained.
- To understand the ways in which the military system affects a young man’s identity.
- To learn about psychopathology, its causes and its symptoms that may occur during military service.
- To learn how to deal with psychopathology through acceptance and support.
- To learn how to build a supportive environment for a person transitioning to military service.
Group Leader: Marios Antoniou (Clinical Psychologist)
Who: Boys who are preparing for military service and parents.
When: TBA (to be announced)
Duration: 8 weeks
Where: Altius Mind Institute Downtown Office
20 Stasandrou, 301, Nicosia, 1060, Cyprus
For participation, please call us at +35799779888
Meetings of our support group are meant to provide individuals with information and personal support from peers. The facilitator, will provide general information about psychological and emotional issues, but will not engage in rendering psychological or healthcare advice for any individual or for his or her particular situation personally. No diagnosis or treatment of, or advice regarding, any medical or mental health condition or illness of any group member will be offered during the support group personally. The support group cannot substitute for, and is not an alternative to, medical or other healthcare diagnosis and treatment when a medical or mental health condition or illness is present. Support group members are advised to seek diagnosis, treatment and advice regarding medical or mental health conditions or illnesses from physicians and other licensed healthcare professionals.